Just tore open today's Amazon delivery. It's like Christmas! Today I decided to write about two delightful children's picture books.
FOUND by Salina Yoon is a sweet story about a kind bear who finds a stuffed rabbit. He knows the rabbit is lost and sets out to find the stuffed animal's owner. He puts up flyers, searches high and low, but no one comes to claim the sweet, little rabbit.
As time passes, Bear becomes more and more attached to his new stuffed friend. They had picnics, picked blackberries and played hide-and-seek. So when Moose comes to collect his stuffed rabbit, Bear is very sad to lose his friend.
But Moose decides to gift his stuffed bunny to bear. Found.
I loved this sweet book for three reasons:
1. My twelve-year-old son still sleeps with his stuffed rabbit.
2. It teaches children about being selfless.
3. The pictures are charming. My favorite is the LOST bulletin board with so many missing treasures.
This is a great book for the preschool/kindergarten crowd.
NAKED! Michael Ian Black and Debbie Ridpath Ohi have teamed up again for another highly entertaining picture book about a little boy with a very "clothing optional" mindset. Like most kids, our sweet, silly, nameless main character fully embraces his new idea - nudity. He scampers around in his birthday suit imagining all the fun he can have without clothes.
But what about capes? Or when he gets cold? Mom finally gets clothes on our sleepy little protagonist - but he's still wearing his cape.
Three reasons to love this book:
1. Cheeky buns are cute.
2. Imagination is wonderful.
3. Debbie Ridpath Ohi's adorable illustrations beautifully capture the whimsy of a busy boy and his even busier mommy.
A great book for preschool/kindergarten/early primary.
Blog you later!